School day 8AM - 4PM
Note: Working through the weekend isn’t fun, but necessary. I love IXL, it is fairly advanced. I’m very impressed that it is teaching complicated Geometry problems and early Algebra. I also like that it really goes over a topic. It is annoying in that we need to get it done, but I can really say that my students are retaining the mathematical concepts.
Current Subject Wrap-up for 2013-2014
Subject - Math
- Spanish finished 5 units in Latin American Mango Spanish.
- Capital Geography Intensive
- Art Exploration
- Music Exploration
- Ancient History
- Ancient History workbook
- Lines of Symmetry
- rotational Symmetry
- lines, line segments & rays
- radius, diameter, area & circumference
- Find start/end time word problems
- Multiply 3 or more mixed, fractions
- Calculate prob.
- Make predictions
Subject - Literature
Fun Book: Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage
Fun Book: The Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart & Chris Riddel
Book Club: Hollow City by Ransom Riggs